After Merging sets wrong samples in sounds

Discussion about problems you may have with KORG PA Manager.
banans2000

After Merging sets wrong samples in sounds

Post by banans2000 »

Not sure if anyone has experienced this but when I merged sets, sounds that have user multisamples, the samples are all mixed up.
It makes the set unuseable at the moment.
Keyboard is PA4x ORT on firmware 3.0.1. I have also tried 3.1.0 with same results.
Both sets were created on PA4x NEXT.

Any help will be appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: After Merging sets wrong samples in sounds

Post by Admin »

Hi,

Can you guide us through the steps as to how your merged these SETs?
banans2000

Post by banans2000 »

On PA mngr I have created a new set and merged-copied styles and performances that I like from two separate sets. The reason for this is I just wanted to make sure the new set is clear of unused samples as the number of samples is limited in PA4x. I have saved the new set and then loaded it into the PA4x. Most of the styles had incorrect sounds associated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,

Sounds like either the SETs you've used had issues with mapping already or your sounds have not loaded on the keyboard.
When loading the SET, can you try loading the Folders inside it (Style / Performance / Pad / Sound folders), rather than the .SET itself.
PAmusiker

Post by PAmusiker »

Here. I have the same problem that I haven't actually been able to solve yet. Exactly the same scenario for me.

Here I had also posted the same question: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6898

I also imported all of them individually, nothing helps. 🤷‍♂️
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Have you tried our last recommendation ?

When loading the SET, can you try loading the Folders inside it (Style / Performance / Pad / Sound folders), rather than the .SET itself.
alex.alexutz89

Post by alex.alexutz89 »

Same problem here, after merging more SETs into one, the style doesn't sound as it should, it has missing samples.
I have tried the suggestion of loading individual folders (sound, style, pcs etc) but still same issue.
This is really annoying after spending a lot of time organizing a new SET, it does not work...
We've paid for a software that makes life easier but it actually doesn't.....annoying
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Please NOTE:
Missing samples are NOT generated by the PA Manager, but rather fault SETs already come with these missing samples/references.
KORG PA Manager only carries these forward to the new SET.

It's best to check and clean-up the SET's you are using / merging before any accusations.
alex.alexutz89

Post by alex.alexutz89 »

Admin wrote: 27 Jul 2022, 15:55 Please NOTE:
Missing samples are NOT generated by the PA Manager, but rather fault SETs already come with these missing samples/references.
KORG PA Manager only carries these forward to the new SET.

It's best to check and clean-up the SET's you are using / merging before any accusations.
My original SET sounds perfect, after merging it with other SETs, it does not sound like the original anymore. So it's not a case about missing samples, the samples are all there, but PA Manager obviously has an error while trying to combine multiple SETs as previous users also stated
alex.alexutz89

Post by alex.alexutz89 »

Is this bug going to be fixed anytime soon?