Re-maping Style-tracks after re-arranging SOUNDS ...? [RESOLVED]

General discussions related to KORG PA Manager.
denistu007

Re-maping Style-tracks after re-arranging SOUNDS ...? [RESOLVED]

Post by denistu007 »

Hi,

I received a PA1000 set which includes a large number of user-Sounds (multisamples).
Unfortunately, the Sounds are all over the place, not being properly grouped and also with frequent empty slots between them.
For example, one Guitar sound could be in SOUND-1 Page1 bank, while another in SOUND-10 Page 8 etc.
I would like to properly rearrange and consolidate all the Sounds so they are grouped in a similar fashion like the Factory sounds, by categories. This would allow me to quickly access specific sounds.

The problem is when I do this, Styles get messed up since their tracks refer to memory locations of Sound "bank", and not specific instruments. In other words, if a Style track was referring to a sound at user location 15, which originally was a BASS, now since I moved the sounds around that location might be filled with a GUITAR ...

I do know that one way of solving this is to reassign/remap sounds in each Style after re-arranging the Sounds bank but this is a hell of a job, considering that I have a large number of Styles. and in many cases different style-parts have different sound assigned to style-tracks.

Is there a better way of re-mapping Style-tracks once the Sounds have been moved around?

I am using the latest PA Manager ver 3 ..

Thank you,
D.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Re-maping Style-tracks after re-arranging SOUNDS ...?

Post by Admin »

Hi,

What you can do is, using the SOUND Manager, assign the SOUNDS as you wish. Save as NEW SET.

Load this NEW SET in to the STYLE Manager. Click IMPORT and load the ORIGINAL set again.
Now when you copy the STYLES over, it will automatically detect the sounds in their new positions and remap the styles automatically.
denistu007

Post by denistu007 »

Great. Will definitely try that.
Thanks for a prompt reply.
D.
JAGoncalves

Post by JAGoncalves »

Hello

I have to do the same thing, so I do what you say and that works.
But I have a lot of dialog box during the copy :
"
Dépassement de capacité
Error @ OS_STY_MERGE_COPY @1190
"

I have KPM 3.3 on Windows 7 64 bits (in French)

My target is a PA4X 76 OS 3.0.1

Regards.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hello,

We've identified the Error @ OS_STY_MERGE_COPY @1190 issue which happens with v3.3
This will be fixed in the next few days.
JAGoncalves

Post by JAGoncalves »

Thank you