Sample will be not deleted after converting from stereo to mono

Discussion about problems you may have with KORG PA Manager.
etnomor

Sample will be not deleted after converting from stereo to mono

Post by etnomor »

I have 2 samples:

275windschimesR
275windschimesL

I have converted this drum samples from stereo to mono. When i goes back to Samples and i check, it have not deleted the 275windschimesR but it have well created the mono samples as wel 275windschimes.

question1: is that a bug and how to solve this issue?
question2: will the created new mono with that created new name "275windschimes" sample automatically mapped to the current drum sample?
etnomor

Re: Sample will be not deleted after converting from stereo to mono

Post by etnomor »

I have checked another set and the same issue. Can you please correct this issue as soon as possible on the following update? The meaning of converting stereo to mono is to create more space on a set, but the feature is not working as what it must to be do. If you want to convert many stereo files the solution should not to be go back to samples, search the sample and delete the undeleted stereo files, this takes very time to do it.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That's not a bug, but rather a feature!

If the R channel is being used in some other DrumSample, then it won't delete it, in order not to break the link elsewhere.

So, if the sample is being used only in 1 Drum Sample, then it'll merge the L/R to a single channel, BUT
if the sample is being used on other DrumSamples also, then it'll merge the L/R to a single channel and LEAVE the R sample also.
valimaties

Post by valimaties »

Is there a report to show this feature? I mean what you tell to be seen in a report, it will be easy for user to see why a sample has not been deleted.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, you can generate a report in the Sample Manager.