V5 Demo not running [RESOLVED]

Discussion about problems you may have with KORG PA Manager.
AliF

V5 Demo not running [RESOLVED]

Post by AliF »

Hi, My KPM v4.1 is running in windows 10 64 bit and I don't have any problem. Since I noticed there is new v5, I decided to try it (14 days free trial). I installed it in this pc that I have v4.1. When I click it to run, it never open the program at all.
I have another pc with windows 11 64 bit with no KPM. I installed it there, when I click to run, it open it with this message: Demo period has expired.
I had live chat and explained the problem. The respond was "we will look into it". I did not get any solution so far while I am very interested to try it.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: V5 Demo not running

Post by Admin »

Hi,

We are still looking in to the issue as most PC's have no issue.
There must be some security prevention going on, that prevents KPM from reading/writing from/to certain paths/locations on the PC, which is causing it to Expire.
AliF

Post by AliF »

Admin wrote: 10 Aug 2023, 02:19 Hi,

There must be some security prevention going on, that prevents KPM from reading/writing from/to certain paths/locations on the PC, which is causing it to Expire.
Hi,
Something I need to mention because it is a question for me. The size of the Demo file that I download from your website shows "27.0 MB (28,351,584 bytes)"
while the size on your website indicate 27.2 MB. Looks like a 0.2 MB of the file is not downloadable. I don't get any error during and after download is finished.
AliF

Post by AliF »

AliF wrote: 10 Aug 2023, 18:23
Admin wrote: 10 Aug 2023, 02:19 Hi,

Hi,
Something I need to mention because it is a question for me. The size of the Demo file that I download from your website shows "27.0 MB (28,351,584 bytes)"
while the size on your website indicate 27.2 MB. Looks like a 0.2 MB of the file is not downloadable. I don't get any error during and after download is finished.
Today, 8/12/23 I loaded the new version of demo. Message indicates that I have 10 days left. When I try to play the style I get this message:
"This feature is disabled in DEMO Mode, Purchase KORG PA Manager to remove these limits.".
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The demo lets you play a style only a FEW TIMES per session.
AliF

Post by AliF »

Admin wrote: 13 Aug 2023, 20:13 The demo lets you play a style only a FEW TIMES per session.
Hi, On your web the Demo trial suppose to work 14 days. As I mentioned in my previous comments I loaded the latest Demo version two days ago (8/12/23). Today I decided to look into that but the message indicates that the Demo trial is expired. Please buy the full version!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,

There was an issue with the initial release, where the demo would expire if the PC didn't have the right security policies that allowed KPM access to certain paths / locations. This has now been addressed and fixed on the latest update. However, this would not fix any already expired trials.
It would only fix new installations on new PCs and make sure they don't expire on such instances.