Merged set doesn't work!

Discussion about problems you may have with KORG PA Manager.
rodz_smith

Merged set doesn't work!

Post by rodz_smith »

Hi
I made a set by merging 3 sets.... 2 of the sets are made by me and the samples are not encrypted ..but 1 set is encrypted! (NOTE: I have the sd card installed in my keyboard to unlock the samples of the encrypted set )

When I copy data from the open sets; the samples, multisamples, sound files get imported properly and play properly in the the keyboard!

BUT when I try to copy encrypted content this happens:

1)Sometimes only the sound file gets copied...the multisamples and samples don't get copied.(RAM Memory doesn't fill up)

2)Sometimes the copy process is successful and the sound files ,samples, multisamples get copied and are assigned properly to their respective oscillators.. but they don't play!! even when I have the sd card installed!

3)When I check the size of the encrypted sound and its samples... it always shows 0 bytes! But the sample size of the open samples is shown perfectly!

It is not the first time that I have tried to merge encrypted content with open content I have did it many times before ..but I have never had this error before!

Please fix it ASAP @KORGPAMANAGER
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Merged set doesn't work!

Post by Admin »

Hi,

Which SD SET are you using? is it as a LOCAL SET?

Seems like you're using a SET in the LOCAL section and those don't have Samples ATTACHED when you're copy/pasting, hence why you don't see any MB changes. LOCAL sets have their sounds embedded in to the KB, so the Sounds/Styles are just POINTERS to those locations and no samples are involved.
If you have no sound coming out, make sure to re-load your SD and verify in the SOUND section if the MULTISAMPLES are pointing to the LOCAL section.
rodz_smith

Post by rodz_smith »

No they are not from local! Its user data! I am using the set in the pa600! All the 3 sets which I am merging and making into 1 set were built in the pa600 and for the pa600!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,

As you say you've never had any issues previously, so we need to address is really happening. It's very difficult for us to access anything without really taking a look at the SETs and what's happening with the workflow.

The fact that you say when you transfer it's 0MB, that raises a question as to if whether the SET is fully loaded in the first place in to KPM. Does it show the total size of the SET? It would be best if you can actually check the SOUNDS and what MultiSamples / Samples are assigned before and after KPM to understand if there is a change somewhere.

Perhaps it's best to get in touch via the LIVE CHAT so we could help you further.
rodz_smith

Post by rodz_smith »

I have checked every sample, multi-sample & sound file of every set! They work perfectly in the keyboard.. but when it comes to merging in the pa manager.. it gets messed up! The total occupied space of the pcm memory of the sets is also shown accurately at the bottom of the pa manager when I load them! But when I check the sample size individually, it shows '0 bytes' I think there's a problem with the software.. I have even updated my pa manager and it is still the same problem!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If a Sound is showing 0MB as the (sound size), either it's using FACTORY ROM MS or LOCAL MS.
If it's a MultiSample from RAM, then check the MULTISAMPLES that are being used by the Sound OSC Layers, and then check the SIZE of the MultiSample?

To fully find out the issue in question we would need to check and confirm the SET.
You could either upload and send us the SET to confirm or get in touch via the LIVE CHAT and we can do a quick remote connection and check together on your PC.
rodz_smith

Post by rodz_smith »

How can we connect on the live chat?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Bottom right corner from the website: https://www.korgpamanager.com