Pa5X - Multisample Key/Range Assignment

Discussion about problems you may have with KORG PA Manager.
KorgPaCEO

Pa5X - Multisample Key/Range Assignment

Post by KorgPaCEO »

I am using a Korg Pa5X v1.2.1 and tried this after a fresh Factory Restore and also I am using the most recent version of KORG PA Manager (5.1.2105).

I have a bunch of single samples of an instrument in WAV-format with correct key assignment (as a property of the file) and correct naming, e.g. "nylon-guitar-E-1.wav" (also tried "-40" instead of "E-1"). In this case 45 single samples for each key/note of the instrument for each velocity layer.

When importing all WAV-samples the keys are recognized correctly. Also when assigning them to a new multisample using the AUTO-MAP function the regions and root keys of each samples are recognized and shown correctly within the KORG PA Manager software.
But when I load the KPM-generated *.KST into my Pa5X there is something strange going on:
- The multisample name is not correctly shown (in some cases it was blank, in other cases a few of the first letters/symbols were missing) (#1)
- When I press a key, e.g. C5, the wrong key is shown (#2). The Pa5X transpose setting is set to 0. I crossed checked it by creating a new multisample manually inside the Pa5X and it shows the correct key, so there must be something wrong with the KPM-generated *.KST (stereo) multisample(s). I didn't try it with mono samples yet.

Another issue with (stereo) multisamples:
- When assigning the (stereo) multisample, created with KPM, to a new sound, the multisample is NOT assigned to the sound when loading the sound file. The Pa5X shows an message regarding missing resources and the sample and multisample list are empty. Also when reloading the KPM-generated *.KST in KPM it does not let me assign any multisample to that OSC, where I assigned the new (stereo) multisample previously, anymore.

I tried that with other samples and on another Pa5X as well and had the same issues. I also created mono multisamples out of these samples (L and R) in KMP-format and imported them. The KMP-files don't have that issue.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pa5X - Multisample Key/Range Assignment

Post by Admin »

Hi,

Thank you for raising this up.
Might be something related with the STEREO MS.

We will certainly investigate.

Might be worth Zipping and sending us here or privately (email) the KST in question so we could fully examine it.
KorgPaCEO

Post by KorgPaCEO »

Admin wrote: 13 Jun 2024, 16:40 Might be worth Zipping and sending us here or privately (email) the KST in question so we could fully examine it.
I will prepare a *.KST with other samples (like sine waves) using the same methodology, since I can't share the original samples.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

sure. any sample would do.
KorgPaCEO

Post by KorgPaCEO »

I will soon upload the *.KST. Meanwhile I also found out, that all the stereo multisamples use the same samples. In my case I created different velocity layers and named the samples in that way (e.g. p, mf, f etc.), but all the multisamples from my first photo use the sampes from p. Additionally, the zone count is wrong and there is something strange going on, see the video in my link.

I prepared two KST.

"KPM Stereo MS.KST" contains only one stereo multisample generated by KPM using the "Auto MS" function:

"KPM Stereo MS v2.KST" contains two stereo multisamples ("KPM Sine v1" and "KPM Sine v2"). Both multisamples should have their own sounds, but the KPM generated multisample "KPM Sine v2" refers to the samples "v1". Also the multisample names are wrong.

I hope this helps and the bug(s) will be fixed soon, since this is the function I was waiting for a long time and would use for 99% of my work inside KPM, if it works properly.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,

Thank you for sending these over.

We have now been able to identify the issue. It seems to be related with the AUTO MS function, rather than anything stereo .wav related.
For now you can manually edit/add the zones to create / edit the MS, avoiding the AUTO MS feature, until the next update is released.