Problem New Set Manager

General discussions related to KORG PA Manager.
PAmusiker

Problem New Set Manager

Post by PAmusiker »

So if you want to mix 3 sets it doesn't work, the sounds are arranged incorrectly, not matching the style.

Play me with it for 3 weeks now. something is wrong.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem New Set Manager

Post by Admin »

Hi,

In order to diagnose the problem you are having, can you explain step by step as to how are you mixing these SETs?
PAmusiker

Post by PAmusiker »

Hello, thanks for the answer.

First I load a set, copy and paste the styles in the left column. -As soon as I'm done with that I'll go straight to Kbd Sets and do the same with the instruments. Now I load the 2 set (right) and do the same. As soon as I'm done with the arrangement of the 2 sets, I open my 3 set (on the right side) and do the same. Finally I go to save and load the new set into the keyboard. Many styles work, but also very many work or no longer sound good. I noticed that the sound field of one style, for example, has to be empty, but this has already been occupied by another style / set. I have no idea, I've tried everything possible, I've been playing with it for weeks, spent hours with it and just can't get it right.

I also noticed that when I go to the pads on the origina set (right) there are quite a few pads. But when I go to the pads in the left field, the pads are not copied. But I also clicked the STS and copy pads on the right.

🤷‍♂️

Thx
PAmusiker

Post by PAmusiker »

Note: All 3 sets are for a PA4x and are also saved for a Pa4x.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,

1) Just to clarify that this is done with the SET Manager, right?
2) Also when loading the SETs on the right side, do you ever see a message to say xxx MISSING SAMPLES have been found?
3) If a sound needs to be Empty on a certain style, the following scenario could be happening:
Style A is pointing to USER1, POS5: but it's actually empty. As you keep adding more and more styles the pa manager allocates empty slots and copies new sounds there. Now since your Style A is still pointing to USER1, POS5, now though there is a sound there. So Style A shouldn't be pointing to an existing slot if it's meant to be empty.
4) If copy/sts + PAD are selected on the right side, then the PADS + STS will be copied too (if the Style is using any)

I think the best options is to get in touch with us via the LIVE CHAT on the website and we could offer further help and find out what is really happening.
PAmusiker

Post by PAmusiker »

Thank you very much, I tried the live chat, the gentleman was very friendly but for me it is very difficult to communicate on the live chat because I only speak German and always have to use google translate.

Yes, I am aware of the teaching window, but if I delete these windows manually then the sound is missing in another style, I think?
PAmusiker

Post by PAmusiker »

I only get a message with a set that some unlinked pcms have been found.
Last edited by PAmusiker on 10 Jan 2021, 12:08, edited 1 time in total.
PAmusiker

Post by PAmusiker »

*Yes Set Manager
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,

Those are MISSING SAMPLES from the SET.

What generally happens is, people use different SETs to mix from but those SETs have Missing Samples and after combining the final result is obviously still missing and they think the PA Manager caused this. You will need to check your original SETs by loading them on to the SAMPLE Manager and there you can see all the missing samples.
PAmusiker

Post by PAmusiker »

Hi, thank you very much for your answer, but if I only load one set into the keyboard it works wonderfully. No sound interference and nothing like that.