Set Manager Question v4

General discussions related to KORG PA Manager.
abolkhil

Set Manager Question v4

Post by abolkhil »

Hi i was using set manager and i noticed that when deleting a style you have the option to delete Style+Sample+Multisample+Sound.

my question is, what will this actually delete? all user sounds and user drumkits used in this style? what if those sounds and drumkits were used in another style in the same set?what will happen?

the scenario playing in my head is i assume it will/should only delete the sounds that are only and only associated with this style and noone else and will keep the ones that are associated with other ones. this will be so so cool if it works like this.

my question also goes to performance sets deletion or wherever that option is available.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Set Manager Question v4

Post by Admin »

Hi,

The scenario playing in your head, is the correct scenario :)

The whole SET is being scanned and all sounds are being evaluated to make sure they are only used once withing that Style/Perf/PAD (whatever is being deleted). If they're being using elsewhere, then sounds / samples are NOT being deleted.

Perhaps you should take a look at this Video Tutorial on Deleting items from a SET: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU1b-VDyjfg
abolkhil

Post by abolkhil »

Hi thanks for your prompt reply, i wish i saw the video before i bothered you hahah.

Got another question.

i used performance manager to create a New Set “A” by choosing certain performances from Set “B”. now i saved the new set. closed PaManager. Opened it the next day. now i ran Set manager/style manager and opened to grab some styles from same set B into set A.

will the program know that the multisamples/samples/sounds in set A belong to set B? and will not double import them if they are used in the styles i am grabbing?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,

The program always checks the Multisamples / samples when importing them from another SET, so once you do that it'll automatically detect the sounds so that it doesn't double import the same thing over again.