Auto-save Project

Feature Request | Share Ideas | Help Improve KORG PA Manager
ElectroVoice

Auto-save Project

Post by ElectroVoice »

Want to just start by saying, WOW what a great job you have done and how far you have come with this program. Long time no seen. Very proud!

I see a need for the "auto-save" or "autosave" function in the Korg Pa Manager.
This would allow users to automatically save their work in the event of an unexpected program crash or shutdown, ensuring that their progress is not lost.
With auto-save enabled, users could easily recover their latest changes and resume their work without having to redo everything from scratch.
Overall, auto-save would be a valuable addition to Korg Pa Manager, providing users with added peace of mind and convenience.

I recently experienced an issue while using the manager and importing/merging stuff. After working on a set for about 40 minutes, I attempted to save my progress, but received an error message indicating that the program was unable to establish a connection. Shortly thereafter, the program unexpectedly shut down. Unfortunately, this meant that I lost all of the work I had done in the 40 minutes leading up to the error. This was frustrating and disappointing, as I had put a lot of time and effort into the project, only to have it lost due to a technical issue. It's situations like this that highlight the importance of having an "auto-save" function in place, as it can help to prevent data loss and make the program more user-friendly overall.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Auto-save Project

Post by Admin »

Hello,

In very rare occasions where connection is lost, sadly that would be the result of termination.

The problem with AUTO-SAVE save is that it does take a while to save a project. And again, it does require a connection to save the project. So it'll be like the chicken & egg scenario, where it wouldn't be able to auto-save if connection is lost.

But we will think of alternative solutions for the future.
ElectroVoice

Re: Auto-save Project

Post by ElectroVoice »

Okej, thanks for fast reply.