v5 three errors from me [RESOLVED]

Discussion about problems you may have with KORG PA Manager.
valimaties

v5 three errors from me [RESOLVED]

Post by valimaties »

I have Korg PA Manager for one day and I've encountered some errors:

1. This is the most weird, because no error message is raised. The exe process is been killed. After I want to load a KST. But the KST has nothing, because second time I load it correctly. So, maybe something with memory management, I don't know. My PC have 16GB of memory, but I've realised that Korg PA Manager is 32 bit ( :?: ).

2. When you want to import a style from another KST, even if the options of copying user voices are ticked, not all voices are copyied to the new pack. And the new voices which were copied are not remaped in styles. When I load the KST in keyboard I must set myself the new sounds from the new locations.

EDIT:
3. The UI does not recognize diacritics in translated ini files.

BTW: Make it 64bit, we are in 2023, the most used OS now is 64bit. Memory allocation will be definitelly increased by switching to 64bit.
And I will wait for the update when PA5X styles could be edited in this program.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: v5 three errors from me

Post by Admin »

Hi,

Yes, you seem to be affected of the random closing issue as well. We are looking in to it!

2. You'll need to a little more specific and perhaps either here or email us the KST and mentioned which sounds on which Styles are not being copied so we can check and confirm if there is any remapping issue.

3. It doesn't really matter if you're on 32/64 bit compile as long as you're not exceeding/requiring huge amounts of Memory.
We've already implement streaming technology in to KPM so it uses minimal RAM.
valimaties

Post by valimaties »

For the diacritics issue, maybe you have to use a function to decode correctly the string from the ini file, to accept the correct chars (UTF not ASCII, or maybe CentralEuropean code page). For now, I will replace the diacritics in ini file with regular characters, so "ăâ" to be "a", and so on. For exemple the string "Vă rog așteptați" (which means "Please wait" in english) I will replace it with "Va rog asteptati", which we can read it, but it is diacritics defective!

Best regards,
Vali
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Seems to be a font issue unable to display certain characters.
Feel free to correct the translations and send it back to us so we can include in the next update.

Thanks