Pa Manager crash (Version 2.1.2315) [RESOLVED] v2.2+

Discussion about problems you may have with KORG PA Manager.
rasoul

Re: Pa Manager crash (Version 2.1.2315)

Post by rasoul »

Hi guys. Sorry for my delayed reply. I think I've found the problem. First of all "I had the same problem as BRK" (sorry for my bad formulation on 23. Nov). We have to push the button "Update Style" after remapping. If you don't and click the close button, so asks the Pa Manager if you want to save the changes and crashes after confirmation. Maybe could admin fix it for the next release. But I think we can work around the problem by pushing the "Update Style" button.

Kind Regards
Rasoul
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,

Thanks for the clear-up Rasoul.

Now it makes sense and I can re-create the crash here.

---CURRENTLY INVESTIGATING THE PROBLEM---
BRK

Post by BRK »

Hi,
Any news. The Pa Manager still crashes even under Windows 10, I thought maybe there was some issues under Windows 7 that I had before but apparently it is not.
Very annoying, It crashes when I want to save my Styles in Remapping step, the same problem as before.
I would appreciate it if you can give me an logical answer or solution, it really bothers me and I cannot finish my project.
Regards
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,

I guess you haven't read Rasoul's post above?

Should be fixed in the next update, but for now, you will need to click the UPDATE STYLE button, rather than saving when you closing the window and it asks if you wan't to save it. That's only when it seems to crash.
BRK

Post by BRK »

Sorry I didn't see/read the Rasoul's post above, but it's good to know.
I always click on UPDATE STYLE button after the Remapping is done but the crash happens when I click on Close button.
FYI: the message "Do you want to save the changes?" appears randomly.
Regards
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

FYI: the message "Do you want to save the changes?" appears randomly.
Not randomly, but after you've made any form of change. If you realise on top of the window a star/asterisk * would appear indicating something has changed and may require saving.
BRK

Post by BRK »

Not randomly, but after you've made any form of change. If you realise on top of the window a star/asterisk * would appear indicating something has changed and may require saving.
I know and see this Star/Asterisk when doing some changes, this is the first thing I noticed when I started with Pa Manager. But It happens sometimes that the message "Do you want to save the changes?" does not show up and I save anyway the changes manually before closing the app.
Regards.