Creating Multisample Question

General discussions related to KORG PA Manager.
stevemnc

Creating Multisample Question

Post by stevemnc »

I started a new set in the Sample Manager with model set to Pa4X. I then tried to import 230 samples at once (about 60MB) but it did not do anything. It just went back to main sample screen. I then tried to import 50 samples at once and was able to import them. After that I clicked on "New MultiSample", gave it a name and clicked on OK. I then wanted to assign sample 0 to the C2 key. I double clicked where it says "Off" and entered a 0. The correct sample name then appeared and wherever I clicked on the keyboard I could here that sample. So far, so good. I then tried to narrow the keys that triggered the sample to just the C2 key. I was not able to find a way to do this. I tried clicking and dragging the mouse on the From and To fields but they are not changing. They are stuck at C1 and G9. The only field that I can modify is the Original Note field. It looks like I can also add a Zone but I am not sure if this is what is required or not. I did not see this referenced in the Tutorial Video. I basically want to assign each of my 50 samples to a unique note on the keyboard. How can I accomplish this?

Thanks
stevemnc

Re: Creating Multisample Question

Post by stevemnc »

OK, It looks like I found a way to accomplish what I wanted, although it is very tedious. After selecting the sample number, I clicked on Add New Zone. I was then able to set the From part of the zone to C2. I wasn't able to set the To end. I then added another zone and moved the From part of the zone as far down as I could, to C#2, and selected the next sample. I repeated this process for each of the samples. I then saved it. It would be nice to just be able to enter a sample number and then use the mouse to select a key, or hold and drag the mouse over a range of keys, to set the zone automatically instead of having to add new zone and set from range each time. If there is an easier way then please let me know.
Thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Creating Multisample Question

Post by Admin »

Hi Steve,

Seems like you've somewhat figured it out now. Yes you need to set Zones for each sample/key you'd like to assign a wav for.
Then using the From & To sliders decide their length. Currently this is the only way of doing it.