New Member...

General discussions related to KORG PA Manager.
SunnyG

New Member...

Post by SunnyG »

Hi ALL,
Introduction: My name is sunny I recently bought Pa3x/76 and I’m totally new to Pa3x and its KORG PA Manager V2.2+WAVE Xtractor. Actually I am a Yamaha user but after seeing PA3x I decided to change.
I am a Pc/win7-64bit user, I am interested in buying KORG PA Manager V2.2+WAVE Xtractor I will be referring to this as “PA-M+WAVE Xtractor”. I would like to know a few things about this;
1 After installing PA-M+WAVE Xtractor how can I connect with PA3X?
2 I have got 3GB of sounds I want to manage these through Editor and save them into PA3X how can I do this?
3 Does the wave Xtractor for this software edit the sounds or just view them?
4 If I have wave sounds can I save them in MP3 format through PA-M+WAVE Xtractor?
5 what formats does PA-M+WAVE Xtractor load and save sounds in?
6 Can I use PayPal to buy this software?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Member...

Post by Admin »

Hi SunnyG,

Welcome to the KORG world. Should be a good change for you, after the Yamaha :)

Here are the answers:

1 After installing PA-M+WAVE Xtractor how can I connect with PA3X?
-PA-M Does not directly connect with the Keyboard. It is an external software. Once you understand the KORG PA File & .SET concept, you'll easily understand that you can export your .SET (whole personal sounds/styles/performances etc..) via a USB, you can then load this to KORG PA Manager, do your edits/changes then save your new .SET out again to the USB and re-load it on to your keyboard.

2 I have got 3GB of sounds I want to manage these through Editor and save them into PA3X how can I do this?
You can do this through the (SAMPLE Manager) in PA-M & Import .WAV & .KMP (KORG MultiSample) to make it compatible with the 3X.

3 Does the wave Xtractor for this software edit the sounds or just view them?
WAVE Xtractor is for viewing and ripping Korg PCM/Yamaha Tyros/SF2/ files to .WAV so you can add the samples if you want to.

4 If I have wave sounds can I save them in MP3 format through PA-M+WAVE Xtractor?
AS Mp3, no. But you can export them as .WAV.

5 what formats does PA-M+WAVE Xtractor load and save sounds in?
PA-M KORG PA Native Formats to read a .SET + wav/.kmp
WAVE Xtarctor - Rips these to .wav: .PCM/.KMP/.TVN/.UVN/.UVD/.SF2 Files

6 Can I use PayPal to buy this software?
Yes, in fact PayPal is the only option available.
SunnyG

Post by SunnyG »

Hi, thanks for your detailed reply it was really helpful.
You said;
Once you understand the KORG PA File & .SET concept, you'll easily understand that you can export your .SET
Is there any written guide or video tutorial that explains/ demonstrates this so it becomes easier to learn?

I am away from my studio and I am using my laptop temporarily, so if I purchase this software and install it in my laptop/win10 for now so when I get back can I install it in my studio PC desktop win7/64bt?

Will PA manager software work on my laptop without PA3X? Because I want to organize and manage my all sounds and styles and when I get back to my studio, I can just install them in pa3X via USB stick.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,

I guess the Keyboard User Manual & YouTube are your best starting points to explore more.

I am away from my studio and I am using my laptop temporarily, so if I purchase this software and install it in my laptop/win10 for now so when I get back can I install it in my studio PC desktop win7/64bt?
How long is temporarily?

Will PA manager software work on my laptop without PA3X? Because I want to organize and manage my all sounds and styles and when I get back to my studio, I can just install them in pa3X via USB stick.
Yes, you don't need a keyboard. It's an external software only.
SunnyG

Post by SunnyG »

Hi mate, I will be going back to my studio in about 3 weeks.
OK the software can be used without the keyboard.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Ok, we can transfer your Licence over to your studio PC after 3-4 weeks.
SunnyG

Post by SunnyG »

Hi mate, thanks that’s great that you can transfer the license and secondly I was checking the demo software and have taken a screen shot but I don’t understand how can I listen/preview the sounds and manage them without my 3X? Also how can I listen to the style in style mode? Can you kindly explain to me in detail.

Lastly please tell me in the future when I connect Manager with 3X will any changes that I make in Manager be applied all the way through to PA3X ? Actually in my studio I already have Yamaha MOXF and any changes I make in its editor automatically is applied in to the keyboard so does Manager work in the same way?
Attachments
Un2titled.jpg
Un2titled.jpg (274.25 KiB) Viewed 28868 times
SunnyG

Post by SunnyG »

Hi I am still waiting for reply kindly please give me detailed guide, thanks.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi mate, thanks that’s great that you can transfer the license and secondly I was checking the demo software and have taken a screen shot but I don’t understand how can I listen/preview the sounds and manage them without my 3X? Also how can I listen to the style in style mode? Can you kindly explain to me in detail.

Hi,

You cannot listen/preview the Styles, but you can listen to the individual samples via the SAMPLE Manager. (videos on the website)

Lastly please tell me in the future when I connect Manager with 3X will any changes that I make in Manager be applied all the way through to PA3X ? Actually in my studio I already have Yamaha MOXF and any changes I make in its editor automatically is applied in to the keyboard so does Manager work in the same way?

I think you missed the point on the previous posts.
The software has no direct integration / interaction with the keyboard. It never connects via a midi / usb etc.
Any changes you make, will be saved out a .SET ( which contains all of your styles, sounds etc..) You then copy this folder on to a USB Pen Drive and re-load it on to your keyboard for changes to take effect.